This unit from the Diploma of Clinical Coding covers the skills for obtaining relevant information for coding from clinical records, and the application of appropriate coding standards in order to identify the concepts required to be coded.
Skills included are:
- Evaluate clinical information from healthcare records for clinical coding
- Abstract clinical data from health care records
- HLTCCD002 Interpret and navigate healthcare records
- HLTCCD003 Use medical terminology in healthcare
- HLTCCD004 Interpret clinical documentation using knowledge of anatomy and physiology
This course can be expected to take approximately 90 hours to complete.