This course includes the following components of the Diploma of Clinical Coding HLT50321:
- HLTCCD003 Use medical terminology in health care
- HLTCCD004 Interpret clinical documentation using knowledge of anatomy and physiology
Text books: Students are required to purchase the text book: Mastering Medical Terminology ($60 – $100) All other materials are provided by eHE.
Personal Tutor is allocated to all students.
This course is designed to build skills in medical vocabulary and medical practice and sciences including the following skills:
- Identify medical terms used in clinical documentation
- Communicate using medical terminology
- Identify the health status of patients
- Identify the structure and function of the human body and the effect of dieses and conditions
- Identify the appropriate investigation and treatment for diseases and conditions.
- Apply and maintain knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Use knowledge of anatomy and physiology and interventions to understand and analyse the content of a health record
Note: If you are interested in the terminology used as a code system in healthcare clinical see the EHE courses on SNOMED CT.