$401.94 inc. Processing Fees
Learn how to identify and assess specific reading, writing, speaking, listening and numeracy foundational skills required to successfully attain any vocational certification or qualification
This competency reflects the role of any trainer and assessor responsible for analysing training needs and the delivery of training and assessment services to meet workplace performance requirements. Learn how to customize various learning resources and assessment tools to enable training needs to be successfully met. There are no specific prerequisites.
Why this course
This competency is a core credential requirement for any trainer and assessor with the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment credential wishing to continue in this role after 1 April 2019 (Australian Government Department of Education and Training – www.education.gov.au ).
Who should do this course?
Anyone working in a Trainer and Assessor role in any industry. Successful completion provides you with essential skills and knowledge to:
- Improve your training and assessing performance
- Identify reading, writing, speaking, listening and numeracy skill requirements of training, assessing and the work environment, using the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF),
- Enables you to use resources and strategies that meet such needs of any learner group.
- Make use of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) and other resources and strategies to improve your training and assessment activities to better meet learner needs
- Meet regulatory trainer and assessor credentialing requirements as applied from 1 April 2019.
- Meet professional development regulatory requirements by maintaining currency.
Structure and what to expect
This unit of competency may be delivered face to face or online to individual or groups in a manner that best suits your circumstances. This credential includes a total of thirteen performance criteria (learning topics) and can be undertaken at your own pace in a manner that best meets your needs. The learning strategy adopted enables you to gain the knowledge and skills necessary to:
- Apply learning support strategies in training delivery appropriate to meet all identified LLN needs.
- Determine LLN skills requirements of any training specification
- Identify and analyse LLN skill requirements essential to workplace performance
- Determine LLN skills of any learner group.
- Identify resources to support LLN skill development
- Use, and modify if necessary, learning and assessment materials to support identified LLN requirements
- Determine appropriate assessment strategies.
- Review course demands and learner profiles to determine if specialist LLN support is required.
- Access specialist LLN support where available
- Integrate specialist LLN support into training or assessment practice
- Seek feedback on learning support provided and assessment strategies used.
- Evaluate learning support and assessment strategies used.
- Determine areas for improvement based on evaluation.
Text and Materials Provided
We provide a learning guide either print based or in a pdf format, demonstrations, practical instructions, access to online media, including videos via our learning management system, other freely available supporting resources and a workbook.
An Australian Government endorsed Nationally recognised credential
We work closely with you and your employer to ensure your learning meets individual and industry needs.