Choosing a code system (DAT8_010)Code systems are the basis of data collection throughout healthcare. Different types of code systems are designed to solve different data collection and representation issues. This course explains the attributes of different sorts of code system and how these attributes impact the way that code system can be used in healthcare systems, including electronic health records. Keep it simple - Understand what the fuss is about. SNOMED CT solves some issues but isn’t the code system for all alternatives. At the end of this course you will:
- Understand the different sorts of code systems
- Understand how different use cases need different code systems
- Be able to explain the differences between ontologies and classifications
- Able to evaluate code systems and chose a system which is fit for purpose
- You receive course materials, videos, and resources along with exercises to consider and practice so that you can build your skills.
- An assessment where you can demonstrate your skills. You are free to use real world work situations so the course can help you deliver high quality results in the workplace.
Study Hours: 7