Get under the hood of health data
The “Achieving quality health data” package build skills in representing data, evaluating your data quality, and the maturity of your information governance.
Protect your organisations’ biggest resource – the information upon which clinical and all decision making relies.
Text Books – learner’s guides and materials are provided but some references such as international standards may also be suggested.
Personal Tutor – Available to guide you and answer your questions
Real Examples – We use real situations and data as examples
Simulated Workplace – Build your experience, confidence with design of data for a simulated health record.
Lead safe and efficient data management in your organisation
Opportunities after doing this course
This package of courses establishes your skills working in health data ready to:
- Design and maintain data in your healthcare organisation or software
- Manage health data strategy and design in your healthcare organisation or software
- Establish and maintain a health data workforce for your healthcare organisation or software
- Service on data or information governance bodies with confidence
- Provide guidance on next steps for improvement of data quality
- Evaluate the quality of data within the organisation, system or data supply chain.
Learn while building real world experience
You will have access to highly experienced health informaticians and trainers while completing the course at your own pace online from anywhere in the world.
Available from September 2021
- 150 hours – taken at your own pace
- Work at your own pace
- Online with Active Tutoring
- Statement of completion
– Achieving quality health data
- Statement of completion
Got a job in my first application and interview after completing the course. thanks for all the knowledge and support you gave me
Your Content Goes Here
EHE provided me with the most professional and well organized fascinating education journey. the knowledge, experience and real practical clinical coding environment equipped me with all I needed. It was the most valuable investment I’ve ever made.
Got a job in my first application and interview after completing the course. thanks for all the knowledge and support you gave me.
Everything worked seamlessly
I am so lucky to learn from a highly knowledgeable and intelligent teacher. I appreciate your understanding and teaching skills.
I would like to express my gratitude eHealth Education for giving me an opportunity and to let you know how please I am with all the support you have offered me.
The Clinical Coder training courses are a well structured course delivered via an easy to follow online platform. The tutors are knowledgeable and helpful and the flexible nature of the course enables you to do it at your own pace and in a time that suits your schedule. The clinical knowledge and practice cases ensures that you are work ready for a professional coding position.
Your pathway to knowledge
This course begins a journey in the understanding and application of best practice in data specification and use in healthcare. It incorporates EHRs (electronic health records) and CDS (clinical decision support) and a broad range of other use cases vital to understanding the data supply chain in healthcare.
If BIG data is exciting – you need to get the little data right first!
There are no prerequisite qualifications for this course.
Applicants must be proficient in English. in order to understand complex instructions to benefit fully.
This course package is presented in 6 courses each also available separately. The learning is integrated, teaching a number of skills at the same time.
Text and Materials Provided
- Learner’s guides – are the text book as well as a guide on how to move through the course.
- Presentation videos of key content where relevant.
- References to other sites and documents to assist additional learning
- Access to eHRol is included: this simulated EHR environment and learning management system contains thousands of real patient records or extracts from real records, and questions for each course with instant feedback in addition to tutor support.
- Formal assessment is ongoing throughout the course building your confidence and skills as you go.
You will receive a statement of attainment including details of study hours (5) to support professional credit points claims.
This is a masters level course expected to take you 5 hours to complete including your study and assessment.
This course has been designed with consideration of the requirements for professionals coming from different backgrounds, including clinical, administrative and information technology.
Our course developers and tutors work internationally as consultants – yes we don’t just teach we DO. We also actively participate and in some cases lead development of international standards at ISO and HL7 and contribute actively to code system development such as that with SNOMED CT. The courses provided are based upon internationally defined best practice, often based upon the learnings inherent in these international standards.